Friday, December 7, 2012

St. Nikolaus Tag, twins' birthdays, and Countdown to Christmas!

Yesterday night St. Nikolaus(or St. Nicholas, if you prefer) came! For those of you who are confused about Santa coming, no, we don't celebrate Christmas early. St. Nikolaus Tag is a German tradition where everyone puts a shoe out December 5, and St. Nikolaus comes during the night and puts candy in all the shoes! Of course, there're lots of different legends about St. Nicholas, so I'll let you go look that up yourself on Wikipedia. It's a super fun tradition that our family has celebrated for as long as I can remember. Tomorrow, December 8, is the birthday of two very special girls. They are super excited to turn seven! I can't believe they'll be old enough to get baptized in a year. Crazy, right? So in addition to Christmas presents I'm making birthday presents. I'm kind of excited about them too:) And, last but not least, I'm starting a late Christmas countdown. 18 days until Christmas everyone! Merry Christmas!

Sagerific (Santa's helper)

No comments:

Post a Comment