Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Well, that last post was kind of a downer. Lets think of a happier subject. I started reading Divergent today. So far, it's great. I love dystopian novels. They make you think. Also, I have hardly read ANYTHING on my previously mentioned summer reading list. I read The Shadow Thieves. It was good, but similar enough to Percy Jackson, that I couldn't help comparing it, and, of course, Percy Jackson won. Soooo yeah... I started The Last Dragon, but got bored, started Heroes of the Valley, got bored, and have yet to even consider actually reading any of the other ones on the list. Soooo, here's a new and improved one:

Death Comes To Pemberley (doesn't that sound fantastic? It's a murder mystery written as sort of a sequel to Pride and Prejudice!)
The Mermaid Chair
The Pinhoe Egg
Maybe some other Jane Austen books, some classics such as Les Miserables, The Count of Monte Cristo, Moby Dick, The Great Gatsby (confession: mainly this one because of the movie, but also curiosity. It's been on my shelf for a while.), etc.

And this is not summer reading, but I've been waiting for...drum roll......................The House of Hades!!!!!
Warning: Next line contains spoilers so if you don't want those, scroll past.




OhmygoshtherewassuchacliffhangerandPercyandAnnabethwereputinthathorribleplacecalledTartarusandtheymightdieandmostlikelyundergotortureandseparationandwhoknowswhatelsethathorribleauthorRickRiordanhasdreamedupandI'vebeenwaitingforalmostafreakingyear!!!!
Well, not quite that. But it feels like it!!!









Anywho, I hate sticking to lists, so who knows what will happen. And who really cares, anyway?
Oh, guess what? I'm thinking about going on a writing retreat. In Colorado. It sounds amazing, and I think it'll help my writing skills. Not this year though. Next year, maybe. Anyway, what do you think?

Sage

No comments:

Post a Comment