Friday, November 15, 2013

School is stressful. Get over it.

Hey people! Haven't posted in a while, have I? No sirree. Well now I will.

So what have you guys been up to? I've been bombarded with school stuff, and I really shouldn't be blogging right now, but it won't take very long, and I need to get my mind off of my stupid, frustrating, exasperating, and totally annoying biology class that I am taking online.

Like seriously. I HATE IT. I'm kind of scatterbrained (read: really, really, scatterbrained) sometimes, or all the time, and so my mind just doesn't do details very well. I like the story part of things. I can't ever remember the dates of things, unless they're really important, and even then, who knows...But biology, it seems to me, is all about details, and so my brain doesn't want to learn about the cells that it's made of.

My Spanish class would work better if the course wasn't so confusing to navigate and complete.

Really, math is the only one I'm doing okay on this year. Yes, you read that right, I said MATH. I still don't like it. It's boring and annoying, but I'm starting to grasp the concepts a little better now. So it's not so bad. But I still don't like it.

I'm also taking a class called UNLEASHING YOUR VOICE (see what I did there? ;)). I like this one. I've learned a lot about speeches, and I think I'm getting better at getting up in front of people. I still get nervous and sometimes feel like I'm going to faint from embarrassment because my thoughts scatter and start running around crazy like escapees from an insane asylum, but it's going away a little bit.

And then finally, there's TJYC. This takes up more of my time than anything else, and it's really hard, but I love it. It's really quite fantastic. I'm learning so much, and reading a book almost every week, and writing essays every other week, and participating in discussions, and studying documents, and education, and statesmen, and it's really one of the most fulfilling classes I've ever taken. My teacher and I haven't always gotten along. She's pushed me  to work hard in the past, and it's always felt like too much. Like I can't do it. Because it's hard to critique Hamlet when you're 13. I didn't think I could do it, and so I pretty much failed. I passed the class, and did pretty well, but I probably didn't do as well as I could have. But in this class, TJYC, I realize that my teacher pushes me to work hard because she wants me to do well, and she knows I can do well. And I finally know I can do it. I can read that book. I can write that essay. And even though it's hard, and I sometimes feel like I'm going to fall apart from all the stress, it's totally worth it, and I love it. Thanks Genne. You're a great teacher, and I appreciate that you believe in me.

Sagerific

No comments:

Post a Comment