Monday, August 11, 2014

Self-Worth

Sometimes it's hard to remember your self-worth. It's something that's always there, but it can get hidden by various things: the opinions of others, being alone, and sometimes it's clouded by your own personal thoughts. And the problem with it being hidden is that you can't really improve it until you can see it for what it truly is. I have this problem a lot. I forget that I really am worth the love of my Heavenly Father. I might be doing what I'm supposed to, being obedient, etc., but the 'why' escapes me, and I lose purpose. When that happens, I'm glad I have people around me to remind me of how my Heavenly Father sees me. Because I really am worth something.

In all my silliness, I am a beautiful daughter of Heavenly Father. I read children's books and I collect frogs (not the real ones). I have an intense love for hot cocoa and mint chocolate chip ice cream. I freaking love Captain America and Iron Man. One of the happiest days of my life was when I got a bookshelf for my room, and I sat and stared at it for...a long time (I have a lot of books). I procrastinate and I'm forgetful and scatterbrained. I can have really pretty handwriting when I want to. I have three or four sketchbooks that are only less than half-filled. My piano is one of my best friends. My family members are some of my best friends in the entire world. I belong to the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I love it.

This is who I am. What makes me beautiful? To others? I don't know. But all of that paragraph above, in all its imperfection, is what makes me beautiful to myself.

After all that, I want whoever reads this to remember that, even though you shouldn't necessarily have so much influence over how a person sees them self, you do. What you say matters. So why not say something nice and make someone's day? There's enough hate in the world as it is. Since I'm writing this at sometime after ten at night, I challenge anyone who reads this to go out and say something nice tomorrow. :) You'll feel better, and so will they. Go forth and make smiles!

Sagerific

2 comments: